This post is all about food. We haven’t gotten even a discount for this. This is 100% based on our preferences.
- Whittaker’s chocolate. Any of them. Try them all. I’m serious.
- Manuka Honey. They sell some at the supermarkets and organic/health stores also sell them. Buy one little pot and use it for tea, with toast, plain, on your hair, on your skin. It’s got medicinal properties, and they are really really good.
- L&P is the local soda. Lemon soda, now bought by CocaCola. Still tastes good.
- Burger Fuel – it is our go-to place. It is not very cheap but it is a good burger, made from pastured beef/free range chicken. The vegetarian burgers are amazing also and they’re not made out of soy, which is a bonus point (for me at least). It is also found everywhere.
- Velvet Burger – good burger, good chips, good service. It gets a bit more expensive than Burger Fuel and there are only 4 stores in NZ.
- Burger Burger – oh my, so good burger AND shakes! Probably the best thick shakes in Auckland. Only 3 units, all in Auckland. It ends up being more expensive than both options above – probably because everyone orders shakes there.
- Durello’s – probably the only Brazilian food place we’ve tried. It is fast food, deep fried chicken coxinhas. Oh, so good….
- Takara – the only lamen in town we deemed good enough to be eaten very often. The not-lamen dishes are also very good. In Auckland only (Browns Bay and Ponsonby).
- Musashi – good Japanese food. Their lunch menu is also cheap, but it isn’t cheap because they serve you not so good stuff: their lunch menus are only slightly smaller than dinner dishes. In Auckland (East Tamaki and New Lynn).
- Yaruki – I only like their dinner food, which is exceptional. The lunch menu is cheap and not different from the mall’s food court.
- St Pierre’s – they have super cheap serves and they’re everywhere. Just beware that not all stores have the same quality.
- Empress Garden – Their Peking Duck is delicious. The dumplings are amazing. The service is faulty sometimes but is mostly good.
- Little India – good curry, large selection, good service and cheap.
- most os the Indian restaurants we tried were really good.
- Ma Cherie – Ponsonby Road, Auckland. The best crēme brülée. Must try. Their macaron is pretty good too! OK, their savoury menu wasn’t tried. Sorry.
- Giapo – just the BEST ice cream EVER. Really. As Giapo himself says it, their ice creams are a piece of art. On Queen Street, Auckland, only. The only downside is the queue: there is always a queue.
- Ben & Jerry’s – a little too sweet for me, but the kids love it. On Ponsonby Road, Auckland, only.
- Dessert Dojo – it is a fun concept, where you choose your ice cream, your toppings and they mix them all up before serving. I don’t really like how their ice cream taste but it is fun to watch them mixing everything and you get a photo boot print.
- Kohu Road – perfect ice cream, NZ made. Simple and so good….
- Lewis Road – this one is sold at the supermarkets. It’s a must try, amazing ice cream. NZ made.
- Milse – LOVE IT! Try the Bombe Alaska. PERFECT!
- Elliott Stables – a food court, but a fancy one, with food that’s not fast food. In Auckland.
- Night & Farmers Markets – there are many of them scattered around NZ. They serve cheap and, sometimes, very good food. We love them.
- Eve’s Pantry– they serve good cakes and, Angelo says, good coffee. The savoury menu is good too!
- The Cheesecake Shop – Pavlova. That’s just all I’m gonna say.
- Tank – Good smoothies, juices and, sometimes, salads. All around NZ.
Tell us your favorite eats, anywhere in the world! We’d love to know!